Saturday, June 18, 2011

Adventurer's Blood: A Father's Day Tribute

Ok so my dad is shady. But he wasn't ALWAYS shady. He used to be very very cool.

I know why I am on this constant quest for adventure, and thirsting for action: Because
get it from him.

See, my Brother got the "Techie Geek" side of my Dad, but I got the "Adventure" side.

He used to load my brother and I into the car when we'd go to visit my mom's mom and we'd
drive deep into the North Carolina or Virginia Mountains, stop at backwood mini marts and
load up on soda and chips and candy and go hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

It didn't end there: Colorado, New Mexico....Dad took Chris and I all over the place.
If they had mountains, you could bet Dad would drag my brother and I out there.

And we didn't use trails all the time. We'd go trekking off road!

So in honor of the Memory of Dad, Chris and I's crazy adventure, I looked back
at all those adventures whilein Central America and began to analyze what inspires me
and what I love most:

-My Dad(duh)
-Indiana Jones
-James Bond
-Tin Tin
-Hardy Boys(To V.R. from work: SHUT UP!)
-Gabriel Knight....


So now that I am back in the US and close to becoming married, I am going to get off
my ass and have a good summer by going on THE ULTIMATE QUEST!

See, Santa Cruz and the Bay Area is FILLED with Crazy Weird Stuff: tales of ghosts,
legend, history, the forbidden and the unknown!

I intend to find it all! Teaming up with some Ghost Hunter friends of mine(http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_161651793899913)I am going to go to these places, take pictures(and maybe video!), and write about the journey and my findings.

To do so, I am adding a NEW SECTION to the Happiest Loser Blog...

THE SHADOWHUNTER TALES


Coming Soon To a Happiest Loser Blog Near You!

No comments: