Monday, September 27, 2010

One Crazy Weekend

So in the late hours of Wenesday night, as I cruised to work in my trusty chariot: I came up with a crazy idea. Motivated by a fire that burns within, I decided that after I got off work(7 AM the following morning) I would cruise to Santa Cruz where I would book a Suite at a hotel and party with old friends like a rock star, no holds barred.

So sure enough, on my lunch break I booked a Business Suite that lay a 5 minute drive from Capitola Beach, but it wouldn't be available til 3 PM. I had to improvise: I would drive to Mom's house, say hi, bullshit for 30 minutes or so, and go to bed.

Once I arrived at my mom's house, I stuck to the plan, nuff said. I said hi, asked how she was doing, talked for a bit, went to bed in the guest bedroom. As I lay in that bed I thought of the countless couples who have screwed in that bed. I couldn't help but wonder, despite the fact it had been cleaned numerous times, would I get herpes or something?

No matter. At 2:00 PM my alarm on my watch beeped and I got ready. Thing was, I didn't have any clothes or supplies. I did however have some cologne and my laptop and my work clothes so I had the OK essentials but I needed some "gear".

That said, after checking into my new room I went to the mall just around the corner.

As I walked down one of the concourses towards American Eagle, Gamestop, Express and SPRINT, I saw a sight that took my breathe away.

I saw my ex, the ex, the one who did me wrong, who betrayed my dying heart, who left me wounded for many years, walking towards me...PUSHING A BABY CARRIAGE!

Apparently alot can happen in 3 years.

Every memory I tried to erase, came flooding back in my face like a wall of fire!

I instantly ran into game stop, watching as she moved along to god knows where.

Half of me, was shaken up by what I just saw.

The other half of me, got over it real quick and was glad that little beast on wheels wasn't mine, which it EASILY could have been(but wasn't). I'm better off now. I have a better woman: someone more classy, more beautiful, and not as ...well...skanky.

"I would be laughing if I were you." said a friend, Chris. "The kind of laugh like Nelson from Simpsons. Shes the one with a baby, not you. Trust me on this. You are better off.(Note: Chris has a kid from a evil ex).

So, after getting some clubber clothes, some pizza, booze I returned to base. Some pizza, some techno, I got ready to go and then the pre-gaming began:

Coke Red Mountain Dew + Vodka = AWESOME. Just 1 did the job.

From there, I drove to my old stomping ground, DBC in Capitola Beach.


WTF? Where was everyone?? It sucked!

This place used to be CRAZY by 8:30!

And where the hell was Chris? Or My friend Dustin?

Grrr. I decided to walk along the beach. It was a full moon, the ocean unually calm as I walked the coast line chugging my covert "Code Red Cocktail". I climbed a life guard tower and sat, looking out at the bay as the moon reflected off the calm waters.

It was there I began to think: Was I really better off? What was I doing? What was I doing here?? What did the future hold??? I then sent out via cell phone a status on my facebook: I WILL SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS THAN INSANITY.

To be continued...

No comments: